ORGANIZE YOUR VISIT
To enter the Museum it is necessary to show a Green (Covid) Pass, to be shown with a valid personal identification document, and to wear a mask. An exception is made for children under the age of 12 and for exempt individuals with appropriate medical certification.
Entrance from Piazzale
Monte dei Cappuccini 7
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Closed on Saturday and Sunday
Ticket sales end 30 minutes before closing time
Full ticket €10.00
Reduced ticket €7.00
CAI members ticket €6.00
Terrace access ticket €3.00
Promotional ticket €1.00
Free with Piedmont Museum Subscription
All group visits to the museum must be reserved ahead of time.
Groups of 15 or more people qualify for the reduced ticket rate.
Salita al CAI Torino 12
Tuesday and Thursday: 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday and Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Consultation of photography files and other museum archives is by appointment only.
Salita al CAI Torino 12
Meeting Area: available for courses and events.
Coat of Arms Hall. Visits during restaurant hours.
Monte dei Cappuccini Restaurant
From Tuesday to Saturday
from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday from 10:00am to 4:00pm
Closed Sunday evenings and Mondays
Rooftop Terrace is accessible with a special €3 ticket
Porta Nuova train station (about 30 minutes on foot). From the station follow Corso Vittorio Emanuele towards Ponte Umberto I. From there, continue to the Gran Madre di Dio and then to the Museum.
Porta Susa train station (about 4 km from the museum). From the station head towards Piazza XVIII Dicembre and take tram number 13 or bus number 56 to Borgo Po, Piazza Gran Madre and then walk 10 minutes to the Museum.
Transit stop 1817 Gran Madre on Corso Casale, transit stop 1952 Crimea on Corso Fiume, transit stop 2018 Gioannetti on Corso Moncalieri. For more information: www.gtt.to.it.
Follow the city centre signs when exiting the toll highway. The museum is not located within the ZTL area. Nearby parking lots: Piazzale Monte dei Cappuccini (limited spots); Parcheggio Vittorio Park Torino, Piazza Vittorio Veneto, www.gtt.to.it / For more information consult: googlemaps.
The museum can be easily reached on foot by strolling through the Monte dei Cappuccini Forest (route with altitude changes). From Piazza Gran Madre (10 minutes), from Piazza Vittorio Veneto (15 minutes), from the Valentino Park monumental arch (25 minutes).
The museum can be easily reached by bike from the city centre (route with changes in altitude).
Persons with disabilities are advised to arrive by car to the Monte dei Cappuccini Piazzale. All floors of the Museum and Documentation Centre are accessible by elevator. The Meeting Area is only accessible by the internal staircase.
The Monte del Cappuccini bar-restaurant is located below the Museum. It is accessible on foot through the Olympic Courtyard (Ascent to Turin’s CAI 12). Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closed Monday and Sunday evenings. For information and to confirm opening hours: 011 6600302.
- The National Mountain Museum is at the top of the Monte dei Cappuccini overlooking the city. The change in altitude is 100 metres. Parking for automobiles at Monte dei Cappuccini Piazzale is limited.
- We recommend accessing the museum on foot by strolling through the Monte dei Cappuccini Forest.
- It takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to visit. Entry tickets include visits to the permanent collection, temporary exhibits and access to the rooftop terrace to enjoy the best panoramic view of Turin and the Alps.
- Food and beverages are not permitted inside the museum nor are large bags or backpacks.
- Photographs are permitted (except where otherwise indicated) but without a tripod. The Museum must be contacted directly for commercial use of photos taken.
- Small dogs in a carrier are permitted in the permanent and temporary exhibits, as well as guide dogs accompanying visually impaired visitors and those requiring pet-therapy support.